Re: [orca-list] Trisquel

I'm interested in purchasing a somewhat older PC (probably 18-24 months old) and installing Linux exclusively on that computer. I joined this list so I can first get some insights as to issues for blind computer users working on a Linux/Orca platform. As such, I have some questions of curiosity:

1)  What is Trisquel and what is it for? Is it a Linux/Unix application?

2) When Daniel related that he's using a Mac Mini with VMWare Fusion, I'm assuming that this means that a Linux OS is being emulated through the Mac native OS (although I understand the Mac OS kernel is in fact Unix). How does that work, to get one of the screen readers to function I mean?

I want to migrate to a Linux system because I'm a retired Software Engineer from Bell Laboratories and honestly prefer Unix and it's various versions to any version of Windows.

Holland's Boy, Bill
- "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
- unknown -- but I'm sure any one of a number of us could claim it as our own! ;-)