There are some parts of Xiphos which are quite accessible, but the panes for the Bible, commentaries, and dictionaries are not very accessible. If I remember correctly, xiphos has an option for these different panes to be read aloud, but I am not sure how much control (i.e. going backward and forward in the texts) it offers to users. I will have to look into this. I think that if could be made more accessible, Xiphos would be a great program for study.

In any case, I am sorry for the long e-mail. I do appreciate yoru input, and I just wanted to give more background as concerning my situation adn what I use Xiphos for.

Pleae take care, and thanks for your reply.

On 06/06/2012 03:57 PM, timothyhobbs seznam cz wrote:
What exactly are you looking for in bible study software? It seems to me that the major features, like side by side viewing across language boundaries, are not exactly meaningfull in a non visual environment. If you want to be able to look up by chapter and verse, grep and a plain text file works surprisingly well. Look at the man page for grep, you can have it give you context of several lines.

Timothy

---------- PÅvodnà zprÃva ----------
Od: Robert Cole <rkcole72984 gmail com>
Datum: 7. 6. 2012
PÅedmÄt: [orca-list] Bible Study Software

Hello, everyone.

does anyone here know of any Bible study software which si accessible to
Orca? I use Xiphos with magnification, but it does not seem to
accessible when ti comes to Orca. Would anyone else here have any other
recommendations?

I would appreciate any input on this one. I am going to try to write to
the Xiphos developers, as xiphos is a great program and it would be
wonderful if it could be made fully accessible to Orca.

Thanks for your input, and take care.