time I want to know what function a key press does is if I'm in help or
tutorial mode. I find anything else to be just too chatty. This is why
if anything is implemented here, it should be configurable.

On 04/06/12 11:24, Albert Sten-Clanton wrote:
For my part, I'd like at least the option of hearing what my keystrokes do,
including copying to or pasting from the clipboard.  If sighted users don't
get that feedback, there may be a do-as-they-do argument not to have it, but
I still might not be persuaded.  I'd always, always rather be annoyed by
getting hit with too much information than by not having enough, though if
and only if that is the single, stark choice.  :-)

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 12:07 PM
To: orca-list
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Announce copy to clipboard [was "Re: Some bugs with
perhaps possible fixing in master branch"]

Hi,

Actually, NVDA doesn't say anything when you press control+c,
control+v, or control+x, etc. Its like Orca in that sense that it
doesn't say anything that isn't strictly necessary. For me that's a plus
because I personally find Jaws far too verbose and have to configure it to
filter out all the unnecessary messages. Since I have began using open
source software like NVDA and Orca I realize what a relief not having too
much information thrown at me really is.

Cheers!