Re: [orca-list] what distro for orca?

Hi Al,

Yes, Speakup comes with Ubuntu 12. There is a catch 22 however. If you want to use Speakup with Espeakup instead of logging into Gnome or Unity you need to log into the shell first else Speakup will not work. I think this has something to do with Pulse Audio messing with ESpeakup. However, hardware synths don't have this problem.

Cheers!