Re: [orca-list] what distro for orca?

Hi Robert,

Actually, Speakup is installed on Ubuntu 12, but its tricky to get working. Primarily if you want to use it don't log into an x session or speech using ESpeakup won't work. One way I found to resolve this issue is to have Ubuntu boot into run level 3 so that you are booted directly into a shell environment rather than to a x session. I believe the issue has to do with pulse audio.

Cheers!