Re: [orca-list] what distro for orca?

Hi Andrea,

Actually, there are two accessible ways to install Ubuntu. The first is to boot the Ubuntu 12 live CD, and when you here the bongo drumbs, press control+s for speech, and then tab to the install release button to install it to a free partition on your hard drive. The second, which you are talking about is called Wubi. Its a standard Win32 application which you run using Jaws, Window-Eyes, NVDA, etc and when its done downloading and installing the files into a Windows swap partition you have to shutdown and reboot for it to finish installation. Its also accessible, but you are limited to a 30 GB swap file instead of an actual Linux partition, and runs a bit slower than a regular install. However, Wubi is great for people who just want to try Linux without having to repartition the drive etc.

HTH