Re: [orca-list] what distro for orca?

Thanks for the suggestions, I would try ubuntu then, and what is the installation procedure that is accessible? I remember a program under windows that did the installation in past times, is that still working?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Cole" <rkcole72984 gmail com>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] what distro for orca?

I have heard a lot fo great thigns about Trisquel, and I will have to take a look at it someday soon.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 personally, and it works very well both as a desktop system and in the area of accessibility also. Both Trisquel and Ubuntu have completely accessible installers, so the installation process should not require sighted assistance at all.

Others here on the list use Vinux (an Ubuntu-based distribution which has many accessibility features up and running out of the box which would require some configuring in other distributions), so you may see some recommendation for it as well. I have heard a lot of great things about it as well.. The best thing to do is to try to get some live CDs or USB flash drives of these systems, try them out, and see which one you prefer. We will be here to help along the way.

Take care.