Re: [orca-list] to install or not to install, that is the question.

On 18/01/12 07:09, Guy Schlosser wrote:
Well, I went ahead and did the install by using dist-upgrade. So far, everything seems to work as expected. Love being able to use orca commands, without worrying if my caps lock is on or not. Only things I did notice are that quick lists aren't reading as of yet (I'm using unity 2d), and when I focus something like the desktop, orca commands seem to get passed through and not seen by Orca. Being that this is bearly alpha 2 though, I was very impressed with the smooth upgrade, and Orca does seem much more snappy. Good work devs.

Hi Guy,
I am happy to read about your experiences.
So can some one tell me if majority of accessibility work is happening on unity 2d?
What can we expect by default in Ubuntu 12.04?
Do we go with gnome 3 shell or Unity?
What are the updates on firefox and open office?
Basically I have been away for a while and did not get to read the entire mountain of emails on the orca list. I am thinking of testing the alpha version of Ubuntu 12.04 in my vinux machine I have a virtual box to play with on that machine under vinux.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.