From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of 'Jason White'
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 2:36 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] links list

Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com> wrote:
How would you account for dropdown menu items disappearing as your
focus moves away from them?

I don't understand why you think that would be an issue, but it seems
increasingly to be a problem worthy of scripting and Aria rather than one
requiring features to be added to Orca. I would have to understand the
application and the user's interaction with it in more detail to give you a
more specific recommendation. Maybe the script could add access keys to move
to the menu and additional access keys for commonly used menu items, for
example. If the Web application can be modified to improve accessibility (as
it should be), then all of this can be done once and for all in the
application instead of relying on scripting on the client side.

Note that Aria is specifically designed to handle dynamically changing
content and that Orca supports Aria via Firefox.