Re: [orca-list] links list

Christopher Chaltain <chaltain gmail com> wrote:
Yeah, I would never be so pessimistic to say something would never
happen. I can't speak to this particular feature myself though, since I
never used it in Windows and have never felt like I missed it, but I'm
probably missing out on something.

This feature has been supported for ever in browsers such as Lynx, but I never
found it particularly useful in that context and I don't miss it in Firefox.
On the other hand, I use searching heavily (including the ' key which searches
only for links).

It's also going to be hard to maintain lists of links when the underlying Web
page is being modified by Javascript, a problem that only becomes worse as the
Web becomes more dynamic.

For the people who do find lists of links useful, is there another feature
that could be implemented which would address your needs just as effectively,
or even more effectively, but which wouldn't involve creating a special
presentation of the page? For example, would navigating links by number (as in
Lynx 2.8) help, or some improvement to the searching features of the browser?