Re: [orca-list] Installing gnome and switching from unity to gnome3 in Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04?

Krishnakant mane <krmane gmail com> wrote:
So can I have the launchers on the desktop?

Under Gnome 3, there isn't a "desktop" anymore in the usual sense. There is a
"favourites" column in the overview to which you can add applications; it may
be accessible in Gnome-Shell 3.4; it isn't in 3.2.

I would suggest reading some of the documentation on the gnome site to
understand how Gnome-Shell works. It is a different design from Gnome 2.