Re: [orca-list] Shutting Down from Gnome Shell?

Hey José.

I found the power off option, press the enter key but nothing happened
immediately.

For me the result is instant. But the other day I was seeing a delay in
presenting an item due to our examining things we really don't care
about. And I already fixed that in master and gnome-3-4. Perhaps that is
what you are seeing.

After a while I heard orca announce power off but I can not review the
dialog.

Flat review of gnome-shell objects seems to be not working right. It's
similar to the problem we see in other applications where we cannot
figure out where focus really is. So we start at the upper left corner.
I'm still looking into that.

Having said that, I just fixed in master and the gnome-3-4 branch the
problem of focus claims from other objects (the power off button)
causing dialogs in gnome-shell from being presented.

Long way of saying if you pull the latest Orca (master or gnome-3-4
branch), I hope you'll find the dialog gets presented more quickly and
more fully. It's working as expected for me now.

Thanks and take care.
--joanie