Re: [orca-list] Shutting Down from Gnome Shell?

there has to be a easier way to shut down gnome then this with ouot going in to the terminal?
On 4/15/2012 7:13 AM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

On 04/14/2012 06:59 PM, Piñeiro wrote:

Anyway I realized something:
   1. You open user menu
   2. Press Alt, so that item menu changes from "suspend" to "power off"
   3. Navigate to that item (but keep pressing Alt)
Your Alt key is going to get worn out.<grins>  But ok.

   4. Orca exposes "power off"
   5. Stop pressing Alt
Your Alt key thanks you. :P

   6. Menu item selected changes to "suspend"

But Orca is not exposing this name change.
D'oh! Nice catch.

I guess that we can create a bug with this.
I just fixed it in master and the gnome-3-4 branch. It also works if you
don't press Alt until you need it to change Suspend into Power Off... ;)
(Sorry, I'll stop now.)

Thanks for finding this! Take care.
orca-list mailing list
orca-list gnome org
Visit for more information on Orca.
The manual is at
The FAQ is at
Log bugs and feature requests at
Find out how to help at

personal email:
hanksmith hanksmith net
Amateur radio call sign:
check out my Youtube video of a song I recorded in Nashville Tennessee!
also you can find my youtube channel at: