Re: [orca-list] Shutting Down from Gnome Shell?

there has to be a easier way to shut down gnome then this with ouot going in to the terminal?
wow.
On 4/15/2012 7:13 AM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

On 04/14/2012 06:59 PM, Piñeiro wrote:

Anyway I realized something:
   1. You open user menu
   2. Press Alt, so that item menu changes from "suspend" to "power off"
   3. Navigate to that item (but keep pressing Alt)
Your Alt key is going to get worn out.<grins>  But ok.

   4. Orca exposes "power off"
   5. Stop pressing Alt
Your Alt key thanks you. :P

   6. Menu item selected changes to "suspend"
Yup.

But Orca is not exposing this name change.
D'oh! Nice catch.

I guess that we can create a bug with this.
I just fixed it in master and the gnome-3-4 branch. It also works if you
don't press Alt until you need it to change Suspend into Power Off... ;)
(Sorry, I'll stop now.)

Thanks for finding this! Take care.
--joanie

websites:
http://www.fivedollarfreedomplan.com/hs5leap.html
http://www.tmiwireless.com/?aid=54868
http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=54868
personal email:
hanksmith hanksmith net
facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/hanksmith5
Klango:
hanksmith
Skype:
hank.smith966
Amateur radio call sign:
ke7ief
check out my Youtube video of a song I recorded in Nashville Tennessee!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqut5Bi3e7A
also you can find my youtube channel at:
http://www.youtube.com/hanksmith2011