Re: [orca-list] Shutting Down from Gnome Shell?
- From: Hank Smith <hanksmith hanksmith net>
- To: Orca List <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [orca-list] Shutting Down from Gnome Shell?
- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 10:34:16 -0700
there has to be a easier way to shut down gnome then this with ouot
going in to the terminal?
On 4/15/2012 7:13 AM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
On 04/14/2012 06:59 PM, Piñeiro wrote:
Anyway I realized something:
1. You open user menu
2. Press Alt, so that item menu changes from "suspend" to "power off"
3. Navigate to that item (but keep pressing Alt)
Your Alt key is going to get worn out.<grins> But ok.
4. Orca exposes "power off"
5. Stop pressing Alt
Your Alt key thanks you. :P
6. Menu item selected changes to "suspend"
But Orca is not exposing this name change.
D'oh! Nice catch.
I guess that we can create a bug with this.
I just fixed it in master and the gnome-3-4 branch. It also works if you
don't press Alt until you need it to change Suspend into Power Off... ;)
(Sorry, I'll stop now.)
Thanks for finding this! Take care.
orca-list mailing list
orca-list gnome org
Visit http://live.gnome.org/Orca for more information on Orca.
The manual is at http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/nightly/ats-2.html
The FAQ is at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
Log bugs and feature requests at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
Find out how to help at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/HowCanIHelp
hanksmith hanksmith net
Amateur radio call sign:
check out my Youtube video of a song I recorded in Nashville Tennessee!
also you can find my youtube channel at:
] [Thread Prev