Re: [orca-list] gnome unstable doesn't run at all on arch

On 26/09/11 23:57, Jason White wrote:
Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:
I read where
some folks got it working (without any speech stuff) but I need to set
up a spare environment before I go trying this again.  Too bad I don't
have a spare machine to trash around on. <sigh>

If you work at it, you can probably obtain one at no cost or at a very low
cost. Some businesses upgrade their hardware regularly and simply dispose of
old systems that would run Linux comfortably.

True, and I apologize if I mentioned this on this list already, but
using a virtual machine is another option. I do this with VMware Player
on my machine where I check out major upgrades before applying them to
the bare metal. I'm running VMware Player on a 64-bit Ubuntu 11.04
system, and it seems completely accessible with Orca.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain gmail com