[orca-list] A few newbie Questions (mainlyfor good doc-pointers probably)

Hello everyone!
I installed Orca a few days ago. This is really my first time trying it with intention to make use of it. A few questions arose, after having read the online docs at gnome.org. They didn't seem to be particuarly helpful.

1. Web browser; which one to use? I've tried epiphany and iceweasel, both didn't seem to good. My problem is, tht in either of them I can't really reliably read the webcontent. some navigation hints might be nice. My first starting example was youtube, for it featuring some javscript and the video popups of course.

2. Braille display. I noticed, that the braille display doesn't seem to reliable. the speech output gave more info. any tips to get more out of the braille display. If it's important, I have a PM EL40S.

3. speech output: Does GNOME Speech have some config dialogue foraudio devices and such? It might also be interesting, if not necessary, to try a few different voices. I'm normally working with JACK all the time and I have my usual default ALSA device set to connect to JACK, using ALSA's JACK plugin. that didn't work upto now.

4. I tried to configure gdm, using gdmsetup, butthat always killed Orca or froze GNOME. The rest of the system is still running. Hints on that?

5. For th time being, last: is there a nice "getting started guide" for GNOME + keyboard shortcuts? Something which covers a little more than just the gnome docs?

I'm sorry, if I asked a few questions, which might have been asked before, but a nice workload dosn't give me much time to do detailed searching on that, especially since I don't know boolocks about the GUI. A few basic shortcuts and movements, that's all.
  Thanks for readng thus far and pondering it.
  Kindest regards
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;
Frightening Absence Just Arriving, Reigns Disappeared, Ornate - flowers!

======      Find my music at      ======
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html