Re: [orca-list] Orca and FXCE Accessibility

Robert D. Crawford <robdcraw gmail com> wrote:

What would I really be losing?  No panel at the bottom holding a clock I
don't look at, performance graphs I don't use, and a start menu that I
think can be replaced with the boxmenu mentioned above.  One thing I
might have a hard time working around is the menu I get from the network
manager applet.  The only reason I would have to use compiz at all is
the magnifier... everything else could be done from emacs.

Note that there is now code in the Emacspeak repository designed to amke the
stumpwm wmindow manager speak. I haven't tried it, but it may be of interest
to you. Since I need braille output, it won't meet my needs, at least as yet.