Re: [orca-list] Firefox text fields

Robert Cole <rkcole72984 gmail com> wrote:
This is really interesting. Here is what happens for me:

UNDER UBUNTU 11.10 (fresh install):
1. Orca does not echo key presses within text areas, either in forms
on a Web site or in areas such as the location and search areas of
the navigation toolbar.

Which Firefox version?
2. When creating a new e-mail in Thunderbird, fields such as The
recipient lines (To, Cc, Bcc) as well as the subject line are not do
not have key press feedback.

Which version?

UNDER LINUX MINT 11:
1. The same bug noted above for Firefox persists under Firefox 7.0.1.
2. The Thunderbird bug does not exist.

My Linux Mint system currently has Firefox 7.0.1, Thunderbird
3.1.15, and Orca 3.0.0 installed.

That's similar to what I am running, except that I don't have Thunderbird
installed.