Re: [orca-list] Latest Version of Orca

kendell clark <coffeekingms gmail com> wrote:
hi
are you by any chance using debian squeeze? I just downloaded that
yesterday and installed it. It was a disaster. I had to have sighted
help to install it, which took almost an hour lol, then I had to
manually enable orca after it was installed. I think I might have
some idea what's causing orca to crash but again I'm not sure. On my
fresh debian install, orca was using gnome speech, which as far as i
know isn't very well supported and is no longer developed.

I'm running Debian Sid here very successfully. I switched from gnome-speech to
speech-dispatcher quite a long time ago.