Re: [orca-list] Latest Version of Orca

RiverWind <riverwind shellworld net> wrote:

So for the sake of experimentation, I would like to switch my gnome
version back to "gnome.2.32" and my version of Orca to "xdesktop."
Would I need to download specific disks, or will I be able to
accomplish the switch online, via say, something like the "apt-
get?"

Which version of Gnome are you currently running?

In Debian, Gnome 3 is available from the experimental repository only, so
unless you've specifically installed it from experimental, you won't be
running Gnome 3.

In Ubuntu, so far as I've read on the list, you have to enable the fall-back
Gnome environment and there are instructions available for this which have
been discussed on the list previously.