Re: [orca-list] Fwd: Re: What the actual status with GNOME Shell 3.2 accessibility support?

Hi,

Agreed. That is an excellent summary of the destinction between
desktop/laptop users and tablet/netbook users. Each type of computer
has advantages and disadvantages and just because tablets and netbooks
are becoming more popular with the mainstream doesn't mean it will
replace desktops and laptops.

For instance, I'm a software developer and I'm also an amateur
musician. As a result I really make use of a larger hard drive, as
much ram as I can get, and in many cases a netbook or tablet just
wouldn't cut it for the kinds of computer projects and work I do on a
day to day basis. Sure I don't mind using a Netbook for posting
something on Twitter, Facebook, my e-mail etc but not for recording
and editing music or writing an application in Visual Studio 2010. For
those kinds of tasks I'll use a desktop or higher end laptop.

Cheers!