documents, editing video and so on won't be getting rid of their laptops
and desktops and doing this on a tablet or netbook. My only point is
that the laptop and desktop won't be going away entirely any time soon.

On 13/10/11 17:34, Deedra Waters wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [orca-list] What the actual status with GNOME Shell 3.2
accessibility support?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:32:46 -0500
From: Deedra Waters <deedra the-brannons com>
To: David Csercsics <aarg shaw ca>

I wouldn't say most people do that, netbooks can still run a desktop
environment pretty well, bumping a netbook  to 2gb of ram could run you
about $32 and that could run gnome easily.

But yeah a  lot of people are switching to tablets and netbooks, howev i
wouldn't go as far to say that they're being "forced" to

Back to the topic at hand though i cwould be interested to know what
smaller gui's look like in terms of accessibility.

I'll say this here though, if android ever got ported to x86_64 or
something similar i'd just assume use that on my machines as i would
linux for several reasons.

gnome is big, it does take it's fare share of ram. I have things i dont
like about gnome, but compared to the way it's accessibility was when i
tried it back in 2005 it has come quite a way.

I'm not saying it's perfect by any means, I'm just saying it's better
then it was before.