[orca-list] Tackling 3.2 isms through tutorials?

Hey guys.

As you all surely know by now a *bunch* of changes in a *bunch* of
different places within GNOME occurred: Initially in 3.0, and then again
in 3.2. Thus for any given issue you are experiencing:

* It might be an Orca bug.
* It might be a toolkit bug (Gtk+ 3, Clutter, etc.).
* It might be an application bug.
* You (or your distro) might have borked things in the transition.
* What you think is on the screen and what's actually there might be
  different. Keep in mind, GNOME 3.x changed quite a bit design-wize.

I think we can start addressing many of these problems through the
process of creating tutorials. In particular, here is what I'm
proposing:

1. I start writing short tutorials on how to use Orca with <insert fancy
   new GNOME 3.x feature here>. I'll include keystrokes, a description
   of exactly what's going on on the screen, and what Orca should say as
   a result. This will be our baseline definition of expected behavior
   in GNOME 3.2.

2. In the process of doing item 1, I will undoubtedly find bugs. They
   may be known issues; then again, they may not. Either way, I'll
   triage, file bugs, and note these in the tutorials.

3. Having written a short tutorial, it will be the mission of y'all to
   try what I wrote and verify it. If you find something different,
   let's see if we can find another user with the same results. If the
   only users who can reproduce the problem are users of the Foo distro,
   then the Foo distro needs some debugging and triage. If the only user
   who can reproduce the problem is you, let's rule out settings and
   locale. And if things are still broken just for you, well, then we
   have to call that an anomaly and move on I'm afraid, but hopefully
   others will be able to assist. While all y'all are doing step 3, I'll

4. Attila, if memory serves me, is Mr. Tutorial message. <smiles> So
   with any luck we can count on him for patches with tutorial messages
   which can be optionally turned on and/or invoked via whereAmI.

5. Once we have a handle on what the "average" Orca user is seeing and
   have nifty new tutorial messages in place, we update the original
   English short written tutorial, we add it to a to-be-created section
   in Orca's docs so we can get it localized by the always-awesome i18n
   team and shipped by the distros.

6. We recruit folks to do audiovisual tutorials based on the finalized
   written one so people can follow along and experience it before
   trying it.

Thoughts?
--joanie