Re: [orca-list] Braille WAS Re: A question for a traceback error message prewenting related

Hey Tami,

Usual, when I coding, I more often using only speech support, but for example in Gedit Orca application related preferences I checket the speak indentation and justification check box. The adwantage this application-dependent preference modification I see real time for example I not mistaked the Python code implementation for example an if or else statement block, or inside a code. This is happening possible because I prewious years I not have braille display before I not get an oldest braille display my friend, in hungary the braille displays unfortunately is very expensive. When I looking longer hungarian texts, or reviewing I doed any application related hungarian translations, I more time using Orca braille support with contracted braille feature with my testing hungarian contracted braille table. For example, when I surfing internet, more time I using Orca with braille, because some time fastest clicking a link if I browsing the braille display, if I want opening a link, enough to press the cursor cell button my braille display the link beginning letter. So, I both use Orca with speech and braille support, depending my needs and what the fastest method a task related.

Some time, if need fast reviewing a screen or a terminal window, I using braille related flat review operations, because all importanter tasks are possible managing with my oldest Alwa Satelite braille display buttons. For example, when you editing a text, if you do an unwanted mistake the text, enough to press proper cursor cell key and the cursor land of the important mistaked text part.

I don't no, what other braille related features are would like other braille users with now missing in Orca braille support, but if my Python knowledges are prowide possibilities and if I have enough free time, i trying future doing a missing feature if anybody send me an interesting braille enhancement related bugreport link. Perhaps I think a sayall style braille related feature future is useful, if an user reading braille with longer texts, if technical this is possible. Now, Orca have a braille flash time related setting. If possible doing a braille related binding this type function, I think enough to scroll down braille display for example with flash time gived time periods automaticaly, and the continous reading for braille displays is possible future very easy with Orca without need manual forward scrolling the braille display. This feature perhaps useful if any braille user would like reading for example books with Orca with contracted braille support.

Some already speech support awailable features future braille implementation I think perhaps not useful for more users with have only smallest braille display, for example the tutorial messages related feature. With braille display the character count is limited. If you for example have only a 20 cell braille display and if the tutorial messages will be presenting braille display, you will be not seeing other important informations without you backward scrolling the braille display.

Sorry the little offtopic longer answer, and I hope I not mistake understanding your letter.
Hopefuly more users writing you more experiences,

Attila