Re: [orca-list] drupal.org

Hey Geoff & all,

Lynx can be very picky about the cookies it likes.

Yes, this is something I indeed noticed in the pastbut I thought the
situation was improved...

At least it's
easy to see if Lynx is getting them or not by setting Lynx to always
ask about cookies.

It gets them, I checked with tcpflow. After lynx submits the
authentication form, the site sends back two cookies: one whose name
starts with SESS, and the other whose name is CHOCOLATECHIP. Both
cookies have
path=/
and
domain=.drupal.org

I didn't check in the RFC so far whether this is legitimate or not, but
I can see that lynx does not send them back to the site in further
requests, so of course the site can't know the login was already
performed.

Actually, I would have submitted a bug on drupal.org but in oder to do
that one has to be logged in, which is precisely what I couldn't do with
lynx. I could have used another browser, but i have to say lynx is the
only one I am really comfortable with.

Would somebody here with a drupal.org access accept to submit this issue
?

t's also possible it's a configuration issue on their end, like the
domain not being 100% correctly configured in the cookie stuff.

That I don't know. On our site I had nothig special to do to make things
work...

Best wishes,
Sébastien.