[orca-list] Anyone using EpubReader and having issues?

I was excited to find this Firefox extension, but it seems to have some odd accessibility quirks and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced them? I'm also wondering if some of them surface when Orca isn't active, as that's the one variable I can't really remove from the equation.

The biggest issue I have is that focus doesn't seem to stay where I put it. If I press enter on a chapter link, navigate line-by-line, etc. focus always seems to return to somewhere near the top. This makes reading nearly impossible.

The other odd issue is that I have to press ctrl-f twice to find something. One press speaks what I'd expect to hear when the find entry area appears, but any keys I type trigger structural nav. Since there's no way to cancel structural nav once it begins, I'm usually stuck waiting for a bunch of invalid keypresses to be parsed as nav commands. For instance, I was looking for a section on video in an Android programming book, so I pressed ctrl-f, then quickly typed "video". I then had to wait half a minute for "v", "i", "d", "e" and "o" to be parsed as nav commands, then press ctrl-f twice and type it again.

As a screen reader developer myself, it annoys me to no end when people lay all their issues at my feet because mine is the software that makes using their's possible, therefore it must be the cause. But, as with many Firefox issues, I genuinely don't know with whom the issue lies. Is it Orca's, because it manages the caret? Is it something in Firefox? Is the extension itself the problem? I can't run it without Orca or accessibility enabled to test, so all I can think to do is toss my experiences out to the list and see if anyone else has them too.

Thanks. This is a cool extension, and it'd be great if it could be made to work.