Re: [orca-list] problems with the punctuation settings

Hi.
in the file /home/vilmar/.local/share/orca/app-settings/gedit.py, I
found the following line:
orca.settings.verbalizePunctuationStyle =
orca.settings.PUNCTUATION_STYLE_ALL, Which leads me to believe that the
preferences were saved correctly.

Seems to me that orca is always using the value from the global
preferences or the updatePunctuationLevel function should be called at
some point and it is not.

The documentation of the function updatePunctuationLevel says:
""" Punctuation level changed, inform this speechServer. """

Maybe I am wrong, but I found only one place where the function is
called, scripts/default.py in the function cycleSpeakingPunctuationLevel.