From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Alex Midence
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:24 PM
To: orca-list
Subject: [orca-list] orca and gtk+ 3.0

Hi, all,

Can someone tell me how well Orca does with applications that rely on
gtk+3.0?  I have been trying to take gnome3 for  a spin using
ubuntu-based Vinux and haven't found the experience all that positive right
now.  However, I noticed that lots of other gnome applications have 3.0
versions that depend on this new library.  I'd like to install and upgrade
as many as I can get away with and leave Gnome 2.32 otherwise undisturbed.
Can I do this or will I need at-spi2 so Orca can try to get at their
accessible information?  Is going through corba no longer going to be
possible for newer applications?  My recent experiences with at-spi over
d-bus haven't been great so far. At-spi2.0.0 is the package I've used along
with libatk-adaptor and python-pyatspi2.  The gnome terminal won't read
anymore, lots of dialogs are inaccessible, and stuff is laggy and crashy.
At-spi 1.34 and friends, however, is quite nice.  Orca reads all the
aforementioned items without a hitch and no lag.

Thanks.
Alex M