[orca-list] error with starting Ubuntu

Hi,
I was getting the message:
    The configuration defaults for GNOME power manager have not been
installed
I found the answer if interested, my original post is first:
The Orca quit talking on Ubuntu and I did a hard reset and now it will not
get past an error window.
I am using Ubuntu 10.10
Someone told me it reads something like error in power management.
This is in a netbook.
It is asking for my password, and I had it set up to not boot to a log-in
screen.
There is no sound at this point either, but I can see the screen disappear
when I type in my password, and then the same error comes back again.
* Is there a repair option in the Grub menu?
This is a dual-boot system, WindowsXP being the other OS.
There seems to be several, 3 or 4 Ubuntu-related selections in Grub, but I
have never chosen one of the other ones.
Thanks.
Glenn
Resolution:
It seems that I ran out of disk space, so I booted up to the log-in screen
that I should not have gotten in the first place.
I needed sighted assistance here.
I did control + alt + F1
It asked me for my user name
Then password
Then I did:
sudo apt-get clean
I think it wanted password for this command too.
Then I shut down and restarted.
My volume was down, so I had to do FN + F8 on my netbook to raise the
volume, and I could hear Orca again.
Hope this helps someone sometime.
Glenn