Re: [orca-list] Structural HTML navigation by lists

Am 26.01.2011 16:09, schrieb Hammer Attila:
Hy,

Marcus, thank you the test patch.
My experiences:
 because this patch generating more lists, I see little speed
performance slowing for example the vakbarat.index.hu, www.oc.hu
webpages, but this is real because more objects presenting both two
lists if it is awailable. Oldest time I think the list generation time
this webpages is 3 second, now 10 second for example with
vakbarat.index.hu webpage, I not remember now the last speed result with
the #620331 bugreport last awailable patch.
For example now the www.oc.hu webpage with containing lot of elements
this time period is 14 second.

My new patch would solve this, if it's acceptable by the devels.

Now right if I seeing only unnamed headings (for example
vakbarat.index.hu, akadalymentes.sg.hu)?

Currently my patch is using the already existing functions of Orca to
get this informations. For such "special" HTML constructs I will add a
fallback function if the main part is done.

If need the distinction, perhaps better moving the unvisited and visited
menu groups below the links submenu, before the paragraphs. An example
webpage with demonstrate this is www.origo.hu/hirmondo.

In that case the two-step keybinding wouldn't work. But for me it's no
matter.

I see an interesting problem with links submenu related:
If only one link have a mnemonics (for example only one link beginning
with o letter), the link is not opening if I press the o key.

Yes, because the new patch is using the Present methos of the
structural_navigation. All objects are presented only. I think for links
we should go back to the old behavior and open the link.

Joanie, what do you think?

"Same question for the form fields. Which are summarized below form
fields, and again classified separately under the type."
Better I think doing future a separate shortcut with doing filtered list
for form field elements. For example, if the user need only check boxes,
enough to press Orca+Ctrl+x.
But if need distinguish form types this menu widget, need doing below
the form fields submenu with a "form fields by type" submenu and put
different form fields elements with this submenu. Demonstrate this
problem with www.google.com webpage. In main menu level seeing a
"buttons" submenu, "entries" submenu and a "form fields" submenu.
Better order with top of main menu related:
"form fields" (when the user pull down this menu, possible see all form
fields)
"form fields by type" (when the user pull down this menu, possible see
form fields with a type ordered submenues).

That's the same as with visited/unvisted links. It would break the
two-step keybindings.

So, which variant would be more advantageous?

Greetings
Marcus