Re: [orca-list] Structural HTML navigation by lists

Am 22.01.2011 23:00, schrieb Mike Reiser:
I personally would much prefer a single tree view that shows items and I
could type the letter of the item I want and it narrows the
links/headings or whatever down as I type.  This could be in a seperate
edit field or something.  Also, when in the tree left and right arrows
or another key could cycle between individual elements.  The hot keys
just seem to overwhelming and too many to remember.

As I said, currently Orca doesn't speak search results in tree-/listviews.

The feature to search in tree-/listviews and go with down/up to the
next/previous search result is already implemented in gtk+.

In #620331 we have already testet a separate entry as search field. But
with it you have to jump from the list to the entry or reverse. I think,
in that case, you would find an object faster with structural navigation.

If both, single list and separated lists are implemented, there is no
reason to remember every shortcut. :-) Especially sine the shortcuts are
basing on the bindings of the structural navigation.

Greetings
Marcus