[orca-list] Attention DocSquad -- and others

Hey all.

A couple of weeks ago, I suggested we form a DocSquad whose first mission, should they choose to accept it, would include the following tasks:

* Reviewing all the existing help and submitting corrections.

* Revising the wiki: What should be removed due to being outdated, not useful, or contained in the new help content?

With respect to the first task, I have completed everything I plan to do this release in terms of writing new documentation, updating our existing documentation, putting it in Mallard, and moving it into our own module. Attila -- who should officially join the DocSquad (hint, hint) -- has been going over it all quite thoroughly pointing out things ranging from those which are just plain wrong to whitespace errors. (Thanks Attila!)

Continued proofreading is encouraged as I really want our documentation to rock for the next release. I'd also encourage you all to submit any new pages which I should have written but did not. Writing it in plain text format is fine as I'm happy to Mallardize it. If there is indeed a need/missing pages, this should probably be a priority as the i18n team needs time to do their job.

Beyond that, I'd love to see people diving into our wiki. We have some seriously-outdated content on there. And most things are dumped into the top-level dir (Orca/Foo rather than Orca/Distros/Foo and Orca/Apps/Foo). Can I interest folks in starting the cleanup of our wiki?

Speaking of which, I would really love to see new and updated content in the following two areas:

1. Distro specific information that is pretty complete. Back in the Sun days, we focused on (Open)Solaris and Ubuntu. Perhaps those of you actively using other distros (Arch comes to mind) could add content?

2. GNOME 3. There's already talk about Gdm 3. We're looking at a future with it, and Gtk 3, and gnome-shell, and fallback mode, and unity, and, and, and.... Note that I'll help out in this area as I can, especially when the question is, "What the heck is on the screen at this point?" But I would really like someone else to lead the charge. The act of writing this content should also be a good way to discover bugs.

Any takers on either?

Having you all take on the documentation creation and maintenance helps me personally in that it frees me up to work on Orca itself. And ultimately it helps the users, of course, because they can easily find answers to their questions.

By the way, the DocSquad page is here: http://live.gnome.org/Orca/DocSquad. Feel free to add yourself if you have not already done so, update that page with new goals, etc.

Thanks in advance!
--joanie