Re: [orca-list] unusual behavior with latest master?

Yep, that did it -- putting the export in the run orca script did it, I
am sure I loseon upgrade -- oh well.  The overwriting settings only
happens with gdm, with the normal user its fine -- I wonder  -- it must
think there are no settings or something.  I wonder how it knew before
about speech dispatcher?

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:

GDM is broken in several ways right now.  First off, to get the
environment variable to be recognized by Orca, you will have to modify
the /usr/bin/orca file directly and insert the following line
    . /etc/profile.d/speechd.sh
at the top of the runorca function.

Now this speechd.sh script merely sets the environment variable on my
system when speech dispatcher is started.  If you start speech
dispatcher by some other method, then you could insert the export
speechd parameter in this spot instead.  The bottom line here is Orca
does not see the environment when started with gem; I don't know why.

The other problem you are having is with the new orca settings,  they
keep getting overwritten even when I create new ones.  This bug has
been noted.