[orca-list] unusual behavior with latest master?

Hi.  I am using orca as of git: 9f8547094228b3a568265754e73308f66a42092c
which is to say latest as of time of writing.

I am getting unusual behavior.  I have been usin orca with
speech-dispatcher, and when the new version came out, I had to
reconfigure a bit to get it system-wide.  Its conmmunication method is
INET_SOCKET.  However, Orca is not seeing it at all, it just sees
gnome-speech-services.  Now under that there is a speech-dispatcher
driver, however I am pretty sure this is not the same.  I am using
speech-dispatcher 0.7.1-r1 under gentoo 32-bit.

Its looking pretty interesting with all the new features, so I want to
get things going, but I want to get the basics working before I play
very much.

I also noticed that the settings were very much changed and I seemed to
have lost whatever settings I had before, from a git of about 2
December. This is not too much of a big deal, but I wonder what
happened?

Any ideas on these topics would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         covici ccs covici com