Re: [orca-list] unusual behavior with latest master?

covici ccs covici com <covici ccs covici com> wrote:

I usually start gdm, but  its shell isn ologin, so I ampuzzled.  Also, I
did put a line in my .bashrc figuring it would login and pick it up
there, but nothing happened.  Also, for gdm the orca settings get copied
from somewhere each time I start gdm -- is this by design?

Yes, I think it is, since obviously the configuration shouldn't be read from your
home directory until you log in (at least, not in a multi-user environment,
which Linux inherently provides).

You could try setting your environment variable in /etc/rc.local in case that
helps. there might be a gdm configuration option that you need to preserve
environment variables as well - have a look at the gdm documentation, or wait
for a reply from someone who knows gdm.