Re: [orca-list] Heads up: yaml is out, json is in, the settings dialog will pop up again

Hey Luke.

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 16:02 +1100, Luke Yelavich wrote:

This is somewhat disappointing,

As is your presupposition. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

(Yeah, I know, I should have been more explicit in my original post so
that pre-supposing would not be necessary. And for that I apologize.
Please allow me to remedy that now.)

 as yaml config files could at least be hand edited/written,

So can json files as Jason indicated. You'll still have the very same
user-settings.conf file. It will still be text. You can still continue
to hand edit/write it -- as long as you do so correctly. ;-) It will
merely be in a slightly different format than before.

Basically, we needed to make our upstream Release Team happy by
following their rules. But we always attempt to do these sorts of things
in ways which will be the least disruptive both to end users and to
downstream distros. :-)

If you want a visual before-and-after comparison, you may find this
commit (the associated changes I made to the stored test harness config
files) helpful:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/orca/commit/?id=13552b6e7401431443ef58065d25349dc748a59a

Hope this clarifies things sufficiently. If not, you know where to find
me. :-)

Take care.
--joanie