Re: [orca-list] Alternative to Ubuntu?

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 03:49:23AM +0100, Craig Blake wrote:
I'm looking for a distribution of Linux that is accessible by Orca but
also isn't so graphically mind-bogglingly stupid.

        Well, Debian Squeeze is pretty accessible, but like with most
things, it leaves something to be desired in the documentation
department.  I'm always hunting off-site for help where things like
SpeakUp and things are concerned.  The console works great, once you
find the documentation on the web on how to start the stewpid thing, and
Orca seems to work pretty well, though I don't use the GUI much.
edbrowse hasn't seen an update in 4 years, because it needs a couple
extra includes in the sourcecode for it to work with Debian, but all in
all, I very rarely boot up Windows any more..

                                Michael