[orca-list] Accessibility of gnome-term

Dear all,

I am starting to use gnome-term a bit more often than I did in the past.
I noticed several accessibility issues which seem to be related to
ATSPI. For instance, as far as I understood, the protocol is only able
to inform screen readers of changes, not of the initial situation. What
this means is that when I open a gnome-term before running a screen
reader, I have to tab to another window after the screen reader has ben
run and then come back to the gnome-term so that it is detected
properly.

Another issue has to do with cursor. There is a known bug in ATSPI, that
has been reported several years ago, which makes the cursor to be
reported at the wrong position when it is at the top of the screen (the
problem shows up in an editor such as emacswhen run from a gnometerm;
when a file is opened, the screen reader says the cursor is at the
bottom right of the sceen whereas the visible cursor is at line 1, row
1). There seem to be other cursor-related issues, e.g. the braille
window does not follow the cursor as it should.

Finally, my question is this: are there still some development efforts
put in ATSPI version 1, or will these issues simply never be fixed
because all the efforts are put on ATSPI 2.
Do some of you have an experience with ATSPI 2 ? Is its rendering of
terminals better than the one provided by ATSPI ?

Many thanks in advance for any feedback,
Sébastien.