Re: [orca-list] Orca does not see any app

Jason White (2011/04/04 18:35 +1000):

Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien Hinderer ens-lyon org> wrote:
The reported issue is now solved !
The problem was related to consolekit which I disabled a long time ago
in the past. I didn't think this could be he cause because gnome
continued to work perfectly well after consolekit was disabled. I think
it's only a recent upgrade which, joined to the disabled consolekit,
caused gnome not to work.

Consolekit doesn't have an init script in /etc/init.d, which suggests to me
that it isn't meant to be enabled or disabled by the system
administrator.

You're right. I was aware when I disabled it that I did it in an ugly
way and at that time the intended strategy was to re-enable it if any
problem appeared. What I didn't realise was that this disabling could
have consequences much later nd that I would have completely forgotten
this consolekit storry...

Sébastien.