Re: [orca-list] What should 'orca -q' kill? (was Re: Odd behavior with restarting Orca)

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 07:56:46AM -0700, Tom Masterson wrote:
I agree with Joanie and Luke.  THe only thing orca -q should kill is
the session for the current user.

That sounds reasonable enough, as I had mentioned earlier.  I do have
one question though.  If gnome is started with gdm and for some
reason, Orca has to be restarted while the gdm screen is showing, how
might one kill/restart Orca?

I guess the Unixy methods might have to be used? If Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
is enabled, one could recycle gdm, perhaps.  I think I already
answered my other question where if one logged in through a gdm
sign-on what user would orca -q have to be done under? But that would
be the actual normal user so I guess that part isn't a real issue
after all.  I was mainly thinking of times when gdm is in control.
But I guess we can try and keep it simple and stupid <smile> when
explaining this in documentation.  It is easy to get carried away in
details like I did with this message - sorry.