Re: [orca-list] Attributes

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 04:30:39PM -0700, Tom Masterson wrote:
I think the first step is going to be to come up with a specification
for how to indicate/mark up these items in braille in a way that is
clear, but still efficient. Do you already have that worked out? If not,
perhaps this would be a good thing for the community to collaborate on.
I don't have any thing specific in mind at this point so if anyone
has any ideas feel free to toss them on the table.

Unfortunately, I don't own a braille display so am not aware of proper
conventions for identifying things like special attributes or even
things like insert / overwrite modes from the status bar.  Hopefully
some braille users can step up and give us some clues. We might need
to take some ideas from how Windows screen readers do it, if that is
appropriate.  I'm trying to think of any other messages that get
activated via hotkey like this presently; maybe we should do the
attribute thing the same way?

I also would like to get some stuff from the status bar to speak
automatically when the insert key is toggled and possibly when the
page number changes in OOo Write but these last wishes will go with
other bugs; I jus bring them up because they will encounter the same
possible questions for braille use.