Re: [orca-list] Have an useful method to try Gnome-shell with Orca, and an interesting question

Hy,

Piñeiro, very thank you the answer.
I wroted my Prewious letter with last question, possible I not writing right understandable (my english is not always perfect). :-):-)
"> I newer see GNOME Shell development version with screen reader, so I
> > don't no have in GNOME Shell similar menues with oldest applications, > > places and system menues?"
So, I try writing this question another way:
When I press Alt+F1 key combination for example under GNOME 2.32, have following main menus:
1. Applications.
2. Places.
3. System.
In applications menu I found my installed applications, places menu have for example storage devices, in system menu have sistem maintenance related applications (for example preference tools and system administration applications).
Have similar three main menu in GNOME Shell?

You wroted:
"GNOME Shell will not be only used on Ubuntu. But good question about
this. Probably orca tutorial should be re-edited so:
"  1. If you are using GNOME 2 panel:
    "To get to the system menus press the alt+f1 key."
  2. If you are using GNOME Shell
    "To get to the overview press the alt-f1 key"
  3. If you are using Unity
    "To do <something> press the alt-f1 key"
Very interesting. Technical possible ask in Orca what the actual used interface (Gnome Shell, Unity or Gnome 2 panel)? I am not see full clear: What the final time period or version when GNOME developers not keep now traditional presenting classical two panels schema and Metacity Window manager? The first GNOME 3.0 release prowide user choosing method to choose traditional UI interface and new GNOME Shell? Developers already not stopped Metacity and Panel Applets development?

Attila