Re: [orca-list] latest orca-git can't find speechd-git

Are using startx to run Orca or are you using the gdm facility?

Also, be sure to log out and log back in again if you recently started
speech-dispatcher.  It sounds like it is working for normal user so
with startx, Orca should have found speech dispatcher.  Gdm can be
trickier.

for added measure, check to be sure all .speech-dispatcher directories
are gone off your system; this got in my way several times while
testing all this stuff.