[orca-list] latest orca-git can't find speechd-git

I don't know whether this has to do with orca or speechd, but I am using arch, have migrated to speech-git aur package which runs as a system service. spd-say works fine, but when orca starts it defaults to gnome speech and speech-dispatcher doesn 't appear in the list of available speech services. Both orca and speechd are install under python2.7. I have run env and see the variables sourced in /etc/profile.d/speechd.sh. I have put a source line to that file in /usr/bin/orca in the runorca function just before the call to actually run orca and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Josh