Re: [orca-list] I see some interesting problem with Thunderbird

Hello,
That time difference is significant, I hadn't realised it was that bad (I think my inbox is much smaller).

Could you check something for me? As I mentioned since switching to archlinux (I think this is when I moved to thunderbird 3.1.5) I noticed Braille is almost instant for me but speech is very slow to respond. Either using a Braille display or the Braille monitor feature (sorry latter requiring sight), do you find Braille updates much faster than speech? If that's so then it may be something which can be improved in orca.

Also do you know whether its only the change in version of thunderbird causing this or have you also changed the version of orca? Can you identify a single component which has caused the performance difference? I will download some different versions of thunderbird to see whether the problem is with thunderbird, but if anyone knows the answer already then please say so.

Michael Whapples