Re: [orca-list] I see some interesting problem with Thunderbird

I certainly notice the delay when using a folder with a large number of messages. I am sure it was present for previous versions of thunderbird and orca.

I have noticed with this that Braille is updated first (in fact on my archlinux system almost instantly, although when I used debian it did take a little longer for Braille but it was still well ahead of speech, in both cases a matter of seconds between Braille updating and speech starting).

I believe orca may be querying twice for the information (once for Braille and once for speech) as I noticed on debian that if moving quickly Braille may say one thing and speech may say something else whilst I was still moving through the message list.

I cannot account for why Braille is so quick to update compared to speech on archlinux.

Michael Whapples