Re: [orca-list] Converting from text to MP3 files

Hy,

Perhaps not need Audacity application if you would like split the recorded wave file with a time period and if you not want chapter detection. Espeak have a very useful option with split recorded wave files with a time period. This is not do chapter detection, but easyest the navigation little if I listening books my MP3 player. I always converting my books with this way my hungarian audio book converter application. Following example command records the book.txt file with wave files, but split the speech recorded output with 30 minute periods:
espeak -v en -f book.txt -w book.wav --split=30
This command creates book_01.wav, book_02.wav etc files. After this files is created, you easyest to convert wave files with mp3 the gogo or lame MP3 encoders.

Hope this helps,

Attila