Re: [orca-list] Gdm on Arch linux

This is an interesting find.  It seems like every time I turn around,
gconf is changing or getting restructured and consequently breaks gdm
and attempts to keep it accessible.  I personally haven't found
anything around that describes how gconf workss nor how to use it
properly.  Then while all this is going on, there's talk of migrating
to g-settings? I really wish some developers would slow down a bit and
let the dust settle on a current implementation before moving on to
something else! It's no wonder a11y gets stuck in the back seat and so
often overlooked!

I wonder if I need to add this to my Arch Linux instructions to get
gdm talking.  Funny, I never ran into this situation in the past.
Hopefully someone can step forward on the list and offer some wisdom
about this.  I could update the wiki with this bit and if we learn
something later, this can be updated accordingly.

Thanks for letting us know and wow you must have had to do sume real
digging to uncover this.