Re: [orca-list] twitter and the gnome gui

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 09:48:07AM EST, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

Does you search something like gwibber [http://www.gwibber.com/]?

There's good news and bad news about gwibber. The good news is that it
uses WebKitGtk. The bad news is that, at least last time I checked,
there is no caret navigation in Gwibber. (It exists in WebKitGtk, but
apps have to enable it.) So you can tweet (and ident and whatever it is
you do on facebook), but reading the updates of everyone else is hard.
I've been meaning to file a bug about this, but I'm getting old and the
memory fades. This thread prompted me. I have just opened this bug:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/gwibber/+bug/682235

The package maintainer of gwibber in Ubuntu often does some hacking on gwibber, and is a member of the
desktop team for Ubuntu. I can make sure this bug is on his/the main dev's radar to be fixed. As it is, I am
sure they will do what they can to address this bug.

Its also worth noting that there has been some work to move gwibber over to using GTK excluisvely,
eliminating the webkit dependency. I don't know how far along this is however.

Luke