Re: [orca-list] the rsgames client and orca

You can leave Orca running while using the self-voicing RSGames client. However, if you are running Ubuntu Maverick, you'll find that the client doesn't speak. It's possible that the same is true for other distros released around the same time as Maverick, but I can't speak to the compatibility of any other distros with the RSGames Client speech. Seems there may be a problem with the version of speech-dispatcher that ships with recent distros not being compatible with the accessible_output library that ships with the RSGames client to make it speak. I have been in contact with the developer regarding this issue, and he has indicated that he would look into the problem, but he seems to be fixing a lot of things on the server end at the moment, and hasn't yet been able to correct the speech problem with later versions of speech-dispatcher. If this is your problem, bump it up by contacting rsgames gmail com to confirm the bug report I sent.
~Kyle