Re: [orca-list] orca and magnifier

Hi Juanje.

looking into the Orca preferences (actually on
'src/orca/orca_prefs.py' and 'src/orca/orca.py'), but now I don't know
if this is a waste of time and it's better to make any changes we need
on the "NewPreferencesGUI" at the new gnome-control-center.

The New Preferences GUI work needs doing, I am unaware of anyone from
the Orca community contributing in that area.

Anyways, I do believe it is better to have the Orca's settings on
gconf/gsettings.

We started looking at gconf and then we learned it might be gsettings,
so we figured we'd wait until everything was decided. Basically, right
now, we've got a lousy way of handling our settings BUT we don't have an
officially deprecated way of doing so. ;-)

 Or, at least in ~/.config/orca as the rest of the
apps are moving to. But I guess this is another topic to discuss.

Doing proper settings is on our to-do list.

Thanks and take care.
--joanie